Friday, February 15, 2008

New EVE Podcast Entering pre-pre-Alpha. Input requested.

To my friends and readers out there, I know I promised to try to keep it to a post a day, but sometimes you'll just have to indulge me. Today is one of those days. I've been talking with some of the MMO podcasting personalities out there and gathering input and advice. I feel comfortable saying that I am willing to start putting a podcast in the works with the estimated pilot release date of *mumble mumble*.

I replaced my (frankly silly) placeholder poll with one that I want to use to get some input on what you are looking for in an EVE podcast. I'm definitely willing to take additional suggestions for segments, so if you have an idea, don't be shy. Also, if you think you have what it takes to be a co-host or contributor, drop me a line. I know there are people out there who are qualified, and a few read this blog. There aren't any guarantees for how many contributors I am looking for, but listener-submitted content is definitely something I want to explore.

Since this is the second post today, I'll keep it short. Also, I'm open to suggestions for naming. An EVE-centric name is fine, but I plan on having at least a bit of general gaming/non-EVE discussion from time to time as well.

As an aside on the polls, I'm not looking for people to check each one. What I am really after is peoples' thoughts on what the community needs right now. I have my own thoughts, of course, but since the blog has been getting some promotion from some very nice and prominent people, I figured I'd use the additional traffic to my advantage.

2 comments:

  1. Not really easy to pick the "top MUSTs", as all you gave as a choice are valid.

    Personally, i would say that Game News would be my lowest priority, as those are everywhere, and it's not easy to make them "unique", but if it gets voted and you decide on it... best of luck. :)

    I would like to see a "Do You Know..."-like segment. Sort of a "not widely known tips and tricks". However, this could impair your and MCs advantages as knowledgeable players.
    Also not easy to keep a balance between what you want to be public, and the knowledge you want (and deserve) to keep for yourself, but THAT balance is what would make it interesting and a challenge...

    My 2 isk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Crovan,

    I sent an email earlier this week on this very subject. Seems you never got it. I'm definitely interested in a co-host position. Drop me an email at crazykinux@gmail.com and we can take the convo off air.

    Am very excited about a new EVE podcast. Move over Urbn and Blinky!!! Mouuhhaaaahaaaa!!!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete